Wednesday 3 April 10am & 3pm BST
From a development organisation’s point of view, ‘good’ software is software that is re-usable. More correctly, this means software that is robust, maintainable, flexible and extensible. We call this collection of attributes the Intrinsic Quality of the software.
Intrinsic Quality is a property of the structure and communication in your system. It is about effective modularisation of your system.
In this webinar, Feabhas Technical Consultant Glennan Carnie, will be taking a detailed look at the principles of good modularisation and explore the following:
- What is coupling and why is it so bad for the intrinsic quality of my system?
- How to identify high coupling in code
- How to improve the coupling in my system
- Flexibility vs performance
- The relationship between encapsulation and coupling
- Understanding cohesion
- Why understanding and encoding problem domain abstractions is vital to intrinsic quality
- How maintaining levels of abstraction helps improve code quality
- The cost of intrinsic quality
There will also be time for questions. If you'd like to submit a question in advance for Glennan to include in the webinar, please let us know.
You can submit your question when you register or by emailing us email@example.com
We hope you can join us.