Wednesday 3 April 10am & 3pm BST
From a development organisation’s point of view, ‘good’ software is software that is re-usable. More correctly, this means software that is robust, maintainable, flexible and extensible. We call this collection of attributes the Intrinsic Quality of the software.
Intrinsic Quality is a property of the structure and communication in your system. It is about effective modularisation of your system.
In this webinar, Feabhas Technical Consultant Glennan Carnie, will be taking a detailed look at the principles of good modularisation and explore the following:
- What is coupling and why is it so bad for the intrinsic quality of my system?
- How to identify high coupling in code
- How to improve the coupling in my system
- Flexibility vs performance
- The relationship between encapsulation and coupling
- Understanding cohesion
- Why understanding and encoding problem domain abstractions is vital to intrinsic quality
- How maintaining levels of abstraction helps improve code quality
- The cost of intrinsic quality
There will also be time for questions. If you'd like to submit a question in advance for Glennan to include in the webinar, please let us know.
You can submit your question when you register or by emailing us email@example.com
We hope you can join us.
Click here to reserve your free place for the 10am BST webinar
Click here to reserve your free place for the 3pm BST webinar